Eighteenth-Century Poetry Archive
The Eighteenth-Century Poetry Archive — ECPA — is a peer-reviewed, award-winning digital archive and research project devoted to the poetry of the long eighteenth century. ECPA is open access, it builds on the electronic texts created by the Text Creation Partnership (TCP) from Gale’s Eighteenth Century Collections Online (ECCO).
- browse authors by names, dates of birth, or gender;
- browse works ( text versions) by titles, first lines, themes, or genres;
- search the poems' full-text and filter results by poetic form;
- view high-quality digital facsimiles of select source editions of the texts used by ECPA;
- use the built-in digital tools (reading, analysis, visualization, modelling) to augment the close reading process of individual poems;
- contribute and share textual notes and glosses, readings and interpretations, observations and suggestions, via easy-to-use forms (just click on any line or word);
- use the collaborative potential in the classroom to increase student engagement with the texts;
- consult the resources (bibliography, chronology, gallery, etc.) for your further engagement with the field.