Rev. John Wesley(17 June 1703 - 2 March 1791)
Works in ECPA
alphabetical listing / listing in source editions
- Another. From the same. ()
- The BELIEVER's SUPPORT. From the German. ()
- BOLDNESS in the GOSPEL. From the same. ()
- The CHANGE. From the German. ()
- CHRIST protecting and sanctifying. From the same. ()
- Desiring to praise worthily. From the German. ()
- DIVINE LOVE. From the German. ()
- GOD our Portion. From the Spanish. ()
- GOD with us. From the German. ()
- GOD's Greatness. From the same. ()
- Hoping for GRACE. From the German. ()
- In AFFLICTION, or PAIN. From the German. ()
- A Morning Dedication of ourselves to CHRIST. From the German. ()
- SPIRITUAL SLUMBER. From the German. ()
- Subjection to CHRIST. From the German. ()
- Supplication for Grace. From the same. ()
- Supplication for Grace. Prayer to CHRIST before the Sacrament. ()
- Supplication for Grace. PUBLICK WORSHIP. ()
- Wesley, John, 1703-1791. Wesley, Charles, 1707-1788. Hymns and sacred poems: Published by John Wesley, ... and Charles Wesley, ... London: printed by William Strahan; and sold by James Hutton; and at Mr. Bray's, 1739. x,,223,p.; 12⁰. (ESTC T31323; OTA K034809.000)
Maddox, Randy L., ed. John and Charles Wesley, Hymns and Sacred Poems (1739). Duke Center for Studies in the Wesleyan Tradition, 2018. Web. 25 Jan. 2019. https://divinity.duke.edu/sites/divinity.duke.edu/files/documents/cswt/04_Hymns_and_Sacred_Poems_%281739%29.pdf.
Radcliffe, David H., ed.
Rev. John Wesley (1703-1791). Spenser and the Tradition: ENGLISH POETRY 1579-1830. Center for Applied Technologies in the Humanities, Virginia Tech, 2006. Web. 1 Oct. 2014. http://spenserians.cath.vt.edu/AuthorRecord.php?recordid=33015.
Hindmarsh, D. Bruce.
'End of Faith as Its Beginning': Models of Spiritual Progress in Early Evangelical Devotional Hymns. Spiritus: A Journal of Christian Spirituality 10(1) (2010): 1-21. Print.
Noppen, Jean-Pierre van.
The English hymn: a discourse perspective. BELL: Belgian essays on language and literature (2001): 11-25. Print.
Watson, J. R.
The Presentation of Holiness and the Concept of Christian Perfection in the Sermons and Hymns of the Wesleys, 1730-1780. Visser, Irene, and Helen Wilcox, eds. Transforming Holiness: Representations of Holiness in English and American Literary Texts. Louvain, Belgium: Peeters, 2006. 81-94. Print.
Watson, J. R.
The English hymn. BELL: Belgian essays on language and literature (2001): 1-9. Print.