Works in ECPA
alphabetical listing / listing in source editions
- A HYMN TO HARMONY, In HONOUR of St. CECILIA's Day. MDCCI. ()
- AN IMPOSSIBLE THING. A TALE. ()
- A LETTER FROM Mr. Congreve, &c. ()
- ODE. ()
- THE PEASANT in Search of his HEIFER. A TALE, After M. De la Fontaine. ()
- PROLOGUE TO THE COURT; On the QUEEN's Birth-Day, 1704. ()
- THE TEARS OF AMARYLLIS FOR AMYNTAS. A PASTORAL. ()
- Congreve, William, 1670-1729. The tears of Amaryllis for Amyntas. A pastoral: Lamenting the death of the late Lord Marquis of Blanford. ... By Mr. Congreve. London: printed for Jacob Tonson, 1703. ,8p. ; 2⁰. (ESTC T14538; OTA K027505.000)
- Congreve, William, 1670-1729. A hymn to harmony: written in honour of St. Cecilia's day, M DCC I. By Mr. Congreve. Set to musick by Mr. John Eccles, ... London: printed for Jacob Tonson, 1703 . ,7,p. ; 2⁰. (ESTC T122526; OTA K097986.000)
- Congreve, William, 1670-1729. Prologue to the court: on the Queen's birth-day, 1704. London: printed for J. Tonson, 1705. 1 sheet (2 p.) ; 1/2⁰. (ESTC N260; OTA K000152.000)
- Congreve, William, 1670-1729. A pindarique ode, humbly offer'd to the Queen, on the victorious progress of Her Majesty's arms, under the conduct of the Duke of Marlborough. To which is prefix'd, a discourse on the pindarique ode. By Mr. Congreve. London: printed for Jacob Tonson, 1706. ,10p. ; 2⁰. (ESTC T42300; OTA K041393.000)
- Congreve, William, 1670-1729. An impossible thing. A tale. London: printed: and sold by J. Roberts, 1720. ,16p. ; 4⁰. (ESTC T146495; OTA K113867.000)
- Congreve, William, 1670-1729. A letter from Mr. Congreve to the Right Honourable the Lord Viscount Cobham. London: printed for A. Dodd, and E. Nutt, 1729. 6p. ; 2⁰. (ESTC T144509; OTA K112489.000)
William Congreve (1670–1729). Beal, Peter, ed. Catalogue of English Literary Manuscripts 1450–1700, 2013. Web. 5 Jul. 2023. https://celm-ms.org.uk/authors/congrevewilliam.html.
Hodges, John C., ed. William Congreve: Letters and Documents. N.Y.: Harcourt, Brace & World; London: Macmillan, 1964. Print.
McKenzie, D. F., ed. The Works of William Congreve. Prepared for publication by C. Y. Ferdinand. Oxford: OUP, 2011. Print. 3 volumes.
Hodges, John C. William Congreve the Man. London: Milford, 1943. Print.
Bartlett, Laurence. William Congreve: a reference guide. Boston, MA: G. K. Hall, 1979. Print.
Erskine-Hill, Howard, and Alexander Lindsay, eds. William Congreve: The Critical Heritage. The Critical Heritage Series. London/New York: Taylor & Francis Group, 1996 . Print.
Baines, Paul, Julian Ferraro, Pat Rogers, eds. The Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Eighteenth-Century Writers and Writing, 1660-1789. Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell, 2011. 76-77. Print.
Radcliffe, David H., ed.
William Congreve (1670-1729). Spenser and the Tradition: ENGLISH POETRY 1579-1830. Center for Applied Technologies in the Humanities, Virginia Tech, 2006. Web. 14 Oct. 2011. https://web.archive.org/web/20170908014740/http://spenserians.cath.vt.edu/AuthorRecord.php?recordid=32921.