James Boswell(29 October 1740 - 19 May 1795)
Works in ECPA
alphabetical listing / listing in source editions
- THE CUB, AT NEW-MARKET. ()
- An ELEGY on the Death of an amiable YOUNG LADY. ()
- LYCIDAS to MENALCAS. ()
- ODE TO TRAGEDY. ()
- ODE. ()
- Boswell, James, 1740-1795. An elegy on the death of an amiable young lady. With an epistle from Menalcas to Lycidas. To which are prefixed, three critical recommendatory letters. Edinburgh: printed by A. Donaldson and J. Reid. For Alex. Donaldson, 1761. 24p.; 4⁰. (ESTC T32518; OTA K035585.000)
- Boswell, James, 1740-1795. An ode to tragedy. By a gentleman of Scotland. Edinburgh: printed by A. Donaldson and J. Reid. For Alex. Donaldson MDCLXI, 1761. 12p.; 4⁰. (ESTC T71923; OTA K060978.000)
- Boswell, James, 1740-1795. The cub, at Newmarket: a tale. London: printed for R. and J. Dodsley, 1762. 24p.; 4⁰. (ESTC T53403; OTA K048041.000)
- Boswell, James, 1740-1795. Johnson, Samuel, 1709-1784. Ode by Dr. Samuel Johnson to Mrs. Thrale, upon their supposed approaching nuptials. London: printed for R. Faulder, 1784. 16p.; 4⁰. (ESTC T2407; OTA K021475.000)
Index of English Literary Manuscripts. Vol. III, 1700-1800 . London: Mansell, 1986-1997. Pt. 1 Addison-Fielding. 39-58. Print. 4 volumes.
Baines, Paul, Julian Ferraro, Pat Rogers, eds. The Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Eighteenth-Century Writers and Writing, 1660-1789. Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell, 2011. 30-31. Print.
McFarland, Ronald E.
Considering Boswell's poetry. New Rambler 23 (1982): 30-40. Print.
Newman, Donald J.
Boswell's Poetry: The Comic Cohesion of a Fragmented Self. Newman, Donald J., ed. James Boswell: Psychological Interpretations. New York: St. Martin's, 1995. 165-187. Print.