Elizabeth Carter(16 December 1717 - 19 February 1806)
Works in ECPA
- A NIGHT-PIECE. ()
- ODE TO MELANCHOLY. ()
- ODE to WISDOM. ()
- ODE, to a LADY in LONDON. ()
- ODE. ()
- To a GENTLEMAN, On his intending to cut down a GROVE to enlarge his Prospect. ()
- To Miss ****. ()
- TO MRS. —. ()
- TO —. ()
- TO —. OCCASIONED BY AN ODE WRITTEN BY MRS. PHILIPS. ()
- WRITTEN AT MIDNIGHT IN A THUNDER STORM. ()
- WRITTEN EXTEMPORE ON THE SEA SHORE. ()
- A Collection of Poems in Six Volumes. By Several Hands. Vol. III. London: printed by J. Hughs, for R. and J. Dodsley, 1763 [1st ed. 1758]. 6v.: music; 8⁰. (ESTC T131163; OTA K104099.003)
- A Collection of Poems in Six Volumes. By Several Hands. Vol. V. London: printed by J. Hughs, for R. and J. Dodsley, 1763 [1st ed. 1758]. 6v.: music; 8⁰. (ESTC T131163; OTA K104099.005)
- A Collection of Poems in Six Volumes. By Several Hands. Vol. VI. London: printed by J. Hughs, for R. and J. Dodsley, 1763 [1st ed. 1758]. 6v.: music; 8⁰. (ESTC T131163; OTA K104099.006)
- A collection of poems in four volumes. By several hands. Vol. I. [The second edition]. London: printed for G. Pearch, 1770. 4v. ; 8⁰. (ESTC T116245; DMI 1122; OTA K093079.001)
Hawley, Judith, ed. Elizabeth Carter. Bluestocking Feminism, Writings of the Bluestocking Circle, 1738-1785, Volume 2. London: Pickering & Chatto, 1999. Print.
Baines, Paul, Julian Ferraro, Pat Rogers, eds. The Wiley-Blackwell Encyclopedia of Eighteenth-Century Writers and Writing, 1660-1789. Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell, 2011. 52-53. Print.
Carter, Elizabeth. A Collection of Poems by Several Hands . Ed. Robert Dodsley and Michael F. Suarez. Vol. I. London: Routledge/Thoemmes, 1997. 131-132. Print. 6 volumes.
Bigold, Melanie. Women of letters, manuscript circulation, and print afterlives in the eighteenth century: Elizabeth Rowe, Catharine Cockburn, and Elizabeth Carter. Palgrave studies in the Enlightenment, Romanticism and the cultures of print. Basingstoke; New York: Palgrave Macmillan, 2013. 169-238. Print.
Sena, John F.
Melancholy in Anne Finch and Elizabeth Carter: The Ambivalence of an Idea. Yearbook of English Studies 1 (1971): 108-19. Print.